Leading and growing our cloud security team. At Deloitte.
Today’s business climate is characterized by disruption and digitization. Significant opportunities to apply newer modern technology to drive better value from risk management spend are emerging.
At Deloitte Risk Advisory our aspiration is to make an impact that matters by enhancing trust between business, government, stakeholders and society by helping our clients doing responsible business to sustain and grow. We help businesses gain a new view of risk seeing risk management as a vital performance lever, revealing untapped opportunities to create competitive advantage.
Within Cyber Risk Services we bundle all our expertise and business experience in the Cyber Risk domain. We focus on solving business issues and creating value across all domains of cybersecurity, combining our deep technical expertise with boardroom advisory skills.
What impact will you make?
Are you passionate about cloud and security and do you bring a good mix of an analytical and creative approach combined with advisory skills and the capability to motivate and grow a team?
We are looking for a cloud leader with a proven track record who can grow our capability and expand our business across multiple industries in the Netherlands for our Cyber Risk Services portfolio.
As a Senior Manager Cloud Security, you will lead our cloud offering from the Cyber Risk Services domain. Within the 200+ people in Cyber Risk Services, you are responsible for our go-to-market activities and our team focused on Cloud security. Working across all leading cloud providers, you will help our clients start or continue their cloud journey in a confident way, knowing they have technical and non-technical security/privacy aspects covered. You are likely someone who has experience doing this in an in-house role who is looking to broaden their scope, see different organisations and scale their experience by working within our multi-disciplinary and diverse team. You are passionate about the possibilities that cloud offers across different industries and have a keen mindset to help organisations make this transition.
You are a strong team player with a competitive drive and you know where and how to enter a prospect and move to a close.
Your activities will be divided between growing our internal capability (coaching colleagues, hiring new people, improving our methodologies) and playing a lead role on large engagements - drawing from your previous experience. You will also build our team’s profile by speaking at conferences, publishing articles and creating other thought leadership. Furthermore you will focus on building internal and external alliances, such as with other teams in Deloitte and with technology providers.
There are many ways in which you can shape this role and the team, so we encourage you to join us for a discussion even if you don’t fully recognise yourself in all of the characteristics – we have a large team stemming from a wide range of backgrounds!
This is how
- Create strategic and tactical plans to generate opportunities both independently and together with other teams within Deloitte as well as alliance partners;
- Create awareness, build relationships with key executives, and develop/pursue leads;
- Influence decision-makers at the highest levels within our clients;
- Independently drive sales opportunities and build networks to leverage the Cloud Security portfolio and capabilities by positioning our approach to address client’s business requirements and issues, both externally with clients and internally with account teams;
- Independently create sales collateral to support client meetings and articulate solution value propositions, use cases and market offerings;
- Teamwork, foster relationships, and develop consensus, both with clients and internally with account teams and other parts of Deloitte;
- Grow the (virtual) team of cloud security enthusiasts by inspiring and coaching team members or hiring new people.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
Growing our Cyber Risk Services business is a strategic priority for Risk Advisory globally and is key in both our international and local strategies. Risk Advisory in The Netherlands is a team of over 650 professionals and the Cyber Risk Services team is over 200 professionals. The cooperation within our teams is informal, as is the general atmosphere. We help each other to get the best solutions to our clients. We are proud to have different professional and educational backgrounds and a broad mix of nationalities.
What we offer
- In addition to a competitive base salary, a share in the generated revenue;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- Flexible working arrangements (working times, working location) and the tools to support this;
- The opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- Good mobility scheme;
- A laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- A good pension scheme;
- An opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- An opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- A great workplace in The Edge building at the Zuidas in Amsterdam.
What you offer
You are passionate about cloud and security and bring a good mix of an analytical and creative approach combined with advisory skills and the capability to motivate and grow a team. The prospect of working in a multi-disciplinary, international and diverse team excites you. You have a pragmatic view on security, being able to steer the topic away from the compliance domain towards alignment with actual business goals.
It would be great if you bring a good mix from some of the skills/experiences from the list below:
- Very experienced in leading and delivering large projects in the area of cloud and cybersecurity
- Experience in public speaking and facilitating workshops – or willingness to learn this!
- Experience building and leading (technical) teams
- Clear vision on cloud and cloud security (across the domains of prevent, detect and respond) and ability to articulate this to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical
- One or more certifications on AWS, Azure, GCP or CCSP
- You are proficient in English, both verbally and in writing. Dutch is a bonus!
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Lonneke Machielsen on +31 88 288 5754