What impact will you make?
You have experienced the changes in laws and regulations in the banking sector firsthand: Wft, Wwft, MifiD II, BRRD, but also PSD2. However, you tackle these challenges in a slightly different manner. You break old habits by using cutting-edge technologies (think of data analytics and machine learning). By doing this you make compliance more effective and efficient. Are you joining us as Senior Manager Risk & Compliance – Banking?
This is how
You help organizations in the banking sector with complex issues arising from laws and regulations, including:
- anticipating and interpreting developments within the banking sector, the supervision thereof, and related laws and regulations;
- designing, assessing and transforming compliance frameworks to promote integrity and to comply with laws and regulations;
- managing projects and team members, making use of your substantive expertise;
- responding to specific shortcomings in regulatory & compliance programs, and to actions from the supervisory authorities;
- the use of data and technology to make compliance programs smarter and more efficient;
- supervising and coaching consultants in the team;
- suggesting concrete improvements based on your insights and findings.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands we can build on more than 5,500 employees from 15 offices. Deloitte has around 250,000 employees worldwide and offices in more than 150 countries.
Regulatory Risk is part of Risk Advisory. We are the leading firm in Risk Advisory services in the Netherlands. Within Risk Advisory, we see risks as a potential to grow and improve business performance. In this, innovation plays a crucial role. Our services are mainly executed from our Amsterdam office, but you will be working regularly on location at the client.
Our team consists of approximately 50 professionals. The working atmosphere in the team is informal. We help each other to achieve the best result for our clients. We are proud of the fact that colleagues have different backgrounds: lawyers, criminologists, business experts, public administration experts and financial experts work together.
Our work environment is described by Director Hassan Bettani as follows:
"We believe that diversity in a team contributes to the best results. That is why our team consists of people with all sorts of backgrounds but with at least one common denominator: we want to help each other and the client. "
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you share in the profit;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you can advance, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that enables you to keep learning;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase an additional 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week. Fewer hours per week is also negotiable;
- the option to take a month of unpaid leave once a year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, an annual public transport subscription, or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and iPhone, which you’re allowed to use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to profit from fiscally attractive schemes, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan
What you offer
You are social, enthusiastic and practical. You are up to date on recent developments in your field in order to optimally advise the client. You have excellent analytical skills and pay attention to details. With your expertise you can quickly understand complex problems. You are self-sufficient and proactive, which means that you can work independently and are not afraid to ask for help. Finally, you inspire others to get the most out of themselves. Additionally, for the vacancy of Senior Manager Regulatory Risk & Compliance – Banking you have:
- a finished university degree in economics, finance, business administration, organizational sciences, criminology, or a law study that overlaps with Regulatory Risk;
- at least 8 years of relevant workexperience gained within the banking sector in the field of regulatory risk, compliance or another related positions;
- Affinity with IT systems, dataanalysis and compliance tooling is an advantage;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
Let’s make impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. Therefore, we are interested in who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Inge Brinkman on +31 88 288 23 37.