Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and global companies? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations, with a worldwide network of professionals who specialize in effectively managing global decisions and obligations, facilitate business and investments, and providing strategic significance to our clients’ global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world! At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As a (Senior) Manager on our global sanctions and export controls team, you will participate in engagements requiring analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; you will work with multinational companies, understand sanctions and export controls regulatory law requirements and align client strategy and operations with their business objectives; with the opportunity to develop and pursue creative solutions using the latest technologies.
This is how
- working with clients to assess their export controls classification and potentially automate sanctions screening procedures within all major trading regions;
- helping exporters achieve worldwide regulatory legal compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain;
- advising U.S. and (foreign) multinational companies on global sanctions and export strategies and trade compliance;
- planning and compliance assistance, and exploration of automated export solutions;
- supply chain efficiency planning including trade of goods, software, technology and security, together with other teams such as tax, customs, M&A and forensics teams;
- process improvement planning and implementation assistance;
- sanctions and export controls audit assistance and representation before governmental authorities.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 50 to 60 colleagues of our Legal department in Amsterdam. In this department, innovation and personal development are very important. Of course, Legal also has a major impact: see an example here.
Our Global Trade (sanctions and export controls) practice is a practice within Deloitte Legal that is part of Tax & Legal, and advises multinational companies on global sanctions and export strategies, compliance, and trade automation. The global practice is composed of lawyers, operations experts, auditors, and trade management professionals who help our clients achieve worldwide compliance and realize the legal export of goods, software and technology in an increasingly complex world of trade restrictions on national security grounds. The team in the Netherlands is part of the North West European region and the Global team.
Netherlands Practice Leader Marie-José van de Heijden describes our working atmosphere as follows:
"We work hard, but there’s also plenty of room for socializing and fun. We are a strong team, passionate about the work that we do, create solutions for our clients, and we take it for granted that we will help one another out and share workloads whenever necessary."
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a good pension scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- flexible working hours;
- a development program that helps you keep developing and a designed Deloitte sanctions and export controls curriculum;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- in principle, 40 hours a week, but we are also open to the option of a shorter working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For this role, you also have:
- at least seven years of relevant practice experience as an attorney, in-house or with law firms experience in EU and/or global export controls and sanctions regulations (i.e., operational, government, law firm, consulting);
- strong academic credentials; Master’s degree in a business, national security, law, tax, or trade-related field with (ideally 3.2+ GPA);
- demonstrated leadership in project management and problem solving; and the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity;
- ability to work both independently and the willingness to collaborate within / across teams and cultures;
- demonstrated interest in international trade or international business;
- ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of issues and communications and demonstrate the highest ethical standards;
- data management and analysis experience;
- familiarity with global trade management software as well as software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio;
- excellent analytical skills and strong research, writing, verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Recruitment Manager Elsemiek van Vendeloo on +31 88 288 28 12.