Designing, building and implementing technology solutions for international clients in response to the increased need to deliver timely, exact and complex tax output.
What impact will you make?
You are indispensable in the projects of your team and our - often - internationally operating clients. As a Tax Technology Consultant, you help leading companies by analyzing complex cycles, contributing to process improvements and implementing technology solutions.
Tax departments today often face significant resource constraints, requiring an increased focus on efficiency and effective use of technology to streamline their compliance and reporting processes. Overreliance on spreadsheets, outdated technology, and a lack of integration between tax and finance systems can hamper a tax department’s ability to obtain and analyze the data needed for timely and accurate tax compliance and reporting. The combination of large quantities of data and the time and resource constraints they are confronted with has made tax departments opt for a transition towards technology-driven tax processes.
This is how
- analyzing complex tax reporting cycles with multinationals;
- developing better tax processes in terms of efficiency, control and added value;
- translating process improvements to technology-enabled processes;
- writing project plans and designing roadmaps;
- implementing data management systems;
- working in a multidisciplinary team of consultants and tax specialists.
Example of a project: Last year we supported a multinational in implementing and rolling out new tax accounting software. We were engaged in validating the current tax processes and considering the best solution for the future. The next step involved designing the new process and schedules for the tax managers to apply at the central and local levels. Having reached agreement with all stakeholders – including tax, finance and IT – we built the system such that it met the specific client requirements. The system was rolled out across the world. The entire project involved a mix of tax, tax accounting, IT and process management specialists.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax & Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries. Collaboration with other (international) departments of Deloitte and continuous (technological) innovation are key principles in the TMC department.
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a good pension scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- In principle, 40 hours a week, but we are also open to the option of a shorter working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
You excel in your discipline and you like to take charge. You will always go the extra mile. You have an entrepreneurial nature, and you’re driven to achieve the best results at all times. You enjoy working with people: in the Netherlands, as well as internationally. And you can easily switch between different social levels and cultures.
We are currently looking for someone with interest/experience in Tax Accounting Automation. Therefore, you also need to have:
- a University degree. Mainly an economic background is important;
- (IFRS and US GAAP) Tax Accounting knowledge and local GAAP statutory knowledge;
- at least 3 years of relevant experience in tax compliance and/or process management and/or analyzing complex issues;
- eager to learn and experience with data management or financial systems;
- tax automation experience is a plus;
- strong analytical and communication skills;
- excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Corporate Recruiter Elsemiek van Vendeloo on +31 88 288 2812.