What impact will you make?
A work student at Deloitte Financial Risk Management has an impact on the global financial service industry by servicing key clients and working in projects which positively change the financial service industry. As a work student you support the Financial Risk Management team by e.g. drafting proposals for high-exposure prospects, build KPI dashboards to improve business insights or apply techniques from your study to develop new models in the financial service.
You will be part of a collaborative culture at Deloitte where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. You will always work in a team of consultants, who provide feedback and help you grow.
This is how
- Build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the financial services industry;
- Able to connect and advise on the various aspects of financial institutions;
- Building and maintaining a strong network.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 70 to 80 colleagues of our Financial Risk Management department in Amsterdam. The department has the following areas of expertise:
- Market Risk develops and validates models for market, trading and pricing risk using (amongst others) Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall models
- The Actuarial and Insurance team advises clients on various topics of the actuarial cycle and insurance business processes
- Asset and Liability Management steers the balance sheet from both funding and interest rate perspective, by developing and validating interest rate and liquidity risk models, as well as developing the required insights with those models
- Credit Risk develops models compliant with current and future legislative requirements (Basel, TRIMs)
Financial Risk Management focusses on model development and validation for key financial service clients in the Netherlands, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges. This includes modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. Of course, Financial Risk Management also has a major impact.
Work Student Amy van der Gun describes what she likes about Deloitte:
“As a working student within the Financial Risk Management team, I work on challenging projects, involving a lot of innovation and programming. I can express my creativity and I am part of a great, close team with an informal atmosphere and a lot of social events.”
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours, easily combined with your studies;
- exposure to interesting projects and prestigious clients;
- a flexible working environment including a laptop;
- an energetic and bright team, with lots of fun activities;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
- the possibility to stay working at Deloitte after finishing your studies.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of work student at Deloitte Financial Risk Management, you also are/have:
- Almost obtained a degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, (Quantitative) Finance or a science Master;
- Available at least three days per week for a minimum of three months;
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Affinity with the financial and corporate sector;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- A team player;
- Good communicative skills;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- Result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work; and
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Let’s make an impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact our recruiter Chris Wentink at 06-50055462.