A fast-changing global environment demands organizations to be both financially stable and have sufficient liquidity.
Do you want to manage financial risk to power performance? Are you looking for a dynamic job where you can help organizations across the full lifecycle of financial transactions? A job where you are assigned your own responsibilities in advising our clients from day one?
Then Financial Risk is your place to be! At Financial Risk, a service line within Deloitte Risk Advisory, our goal is to become the undisputed advisor within the financial services industry. Different teams focus on:
- Market, Credit & Actuarial Risk;
- Capital Management, Liquidity & Treasury Risk; and
- Accounting & Financial Reporting Risk.
It is a place where you are part of a group of young, ambitious, smart and sociable colleagues, and where you can grow to become an experienced and specialized consultant.
Market, Credit & Actuarial Risk
The Market, Credit & Actuarial Risk team focusses on model development and validation, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges at our clients. This includes using modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. In addition, we take the impact of legislation and regulations into account.
The Valuation Desk is part of the Market, Credit & Actuarial Risk team and supports Deloitte Audit with the valuation analysis of a high variety of complex financial instruments, mainly financial derivatives. As a work student at the Valuation Desk you will work in a young and dynamic team, and will focus primarily on the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform valuations (level 2 type of financial instruments);
- Analyze valuation methodologies and assumptions (level 3 type of financial instruments);
- Develop valuation models (level 3 type of financial instruments);
- Reporting of valuation results.
Upon successful completion of the internship, we offer the opportunity to extend your internship, enabling you to write your thesis or work on other assignments within Financial Risk.
As a work student at the Valuation Desk you enjoy solving complex problems using mathematics or statistics. Financial markets and financial instruments interest you and you want to develop your knowledge in these fields. Successful applicants will be/have:
- Almost obtaining a Master’s degree in: Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or another science Master;
- Available from December 2018 to April 2019 (five months) for a minimum of three days per week;
- Affinity with financial markets and valuation of financial instruments;
- A teamplayer;
- Good communicative skills;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work; and
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting, Financial Advisory and Audit. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and successes of our clients, in The Netherlands and globally. In pursuing this, we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Deloitte Financial Risk has an international and open atmosphere, which encourages discussions between each job grade of Financial Risk. As you can expect, we will support you where we can, with a learning program and a boot camp specifically designed for consultants at the start of their career; a tailored competence model and continuous feedback. A colleague from the team will be assigned to you as a counsellor, who will guide you during your career at Deloitte.
The application procedure includes a screening of your CV, an assessment and three interviews, of which one contains a case. Please note that applications can be submitted in English as well as Dutch.