The ideal side job to kick-start your consulting career. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
You will participate in our client teams and support a wide range of activities. Besides the work related to client projects, there are always new ideas and concepts to be developed within a consulting firm. As a working student at CFO Services you will help to bring those ideas a step further. Through your experience as a working student you will get to know our team and a get a first-hand experience of what it’s like to be a consultant.
This is how
- Support colleagues in developing innovative ideas;
- Using your analytical and creative capabilities to develop data analysis, benchmarks or client proposals;
- Support project teams in delivering client products;
- Capturing results of a brainstorm in PowerPoint or Excel;
- Be the key contact person in delivering an internal project.
For a better understanding of what we do at CFO Services, read through a project example below:
Finance Transformation at large multinational
A client, that has been undergoing enormous growth, is suffering from cost inefficiencies. This as a result of large teams and complex processes. The client therefore asked CFO Services to advise the organization in developing a Finance strategy that is not only tailored to growth, but at the same time benefits the organization’s competitiveness. In order to successfully develop a solution, a multidisciplinary team worked together with the client, while performing activities such as:
- analyzing how the Finance department performs today
- advising on financial activities and their optimal structure for the future
- introducing (digital) solutions to improve quality and efficiency of the department
- identifying synergies from post-integrations and mergers
- advising on process improvements and optimization
As a Working student you will be supporting such a team. The tasks of a Working Student usually consist of conducting analyses, developing workshops reports, providing project support and preparing meetings together with your team.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You will share your expertise with approximately 130 colleagues in the CFO Services department in Amsterdam. The department is focusing on advising Finance departments across all industries and is the number 1 advisor for the CFO. Projects range from large, complex transformations, Finance process improvements, Finance system implementations to change programs for the Finance department. Collaboration with other (international) colleagues and continuous innovation, for example in big data and robotics, are key principles in this department.
Working Student David Bolscher describes his experience as follows:
“I thought it was about putting into practice what I have learnt, but in reality it is about learning a whole new practice”
What we offer
- a competitive student salary;
- maximum flexibility to combine work and study (choose how many days you work, and which days);
- trainings in the field of digital finance, robotics and analytics
- a steep learning curve in an international work environment and a diverse client portfolio;
- the opportunity to get acquainted with the latest technologies impacting finance
- growth opportunities – if you are successful as a working student, you can start as an Analyst;
- Access to the Deloitte training curriculum (e.g. Artificial intelligence, Finance analytics, Robotics);
- development coaching from active working student coordinators;
- the opportunity to expand your personal network across Deloitte's many service areas;
- a Deloitte laptop;
What you offer
You are able to adopt new information quickly and like to work in teams. In addition, translating the latest developments in new concepts together with colleagues sounds appealing to you. In addition, you have an excellent command of written and spoken English and preferably Dutch. For the position of Working student CFO Services you are also:
- in the final phase of your study (you have finalized a university bachelor degree);
- available for a least 2 days a week, for a minimal duration of 5 months;
- ambitious, eager to learn and entrepreneurial;
- communicative and socially skilled;
- interested in financial topics.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Campus Recruiter Consulting Vivienne Göbel via +31 (0)6 50055334 or email@example.com